I’ve been writing six books this year. As the author and publisher (owner of Shaolin Communications) it has been difficult to switch over to marketing. I’m currently:
- Writing book, 12 Laws for a Meaningful Life, inspired by book 12 Rules of Life by Dr. Jordan Peterson.
- Final editing of Act Zen to Be Zen self-help book.
- Creation and development of Shaolin Chi Mantis ONLINE SCHOOL at www.ShaolinInteractive.com
- Built online learning management system
- Redesigned Shaolin Chi Mantis curriculum for SCM ONLINE SCHOOL.
- Shooting videos for ONLINE SCHOOL classes.
- Developing belt rank and quiz systems for student consistency
- Developing parent website: www.ShaolinChiMantis.com
- Developing author website: www.RichardDelConnor.com
New Book Series of Shaolin Communications
The publication of Act Zen to Be Zen will be first of a new series of STUDENT MANUALS to be published exclusively by Shaolin Communications. Because students of our Kung Fu and Tai Chi Chuan schools have proven that 3-ring binder notebooks are the best way to read and learn in our classes. In 2003 Shaolin Communications began selling PDF books online at Amazon.com, iBooks, Barnes & Noble, Smashwords, and many other distribution outlets where Shaolin Communications also sold novels, and poetry books.
Despite the convenience of PDF books on student phones, the students have not learned as well from them as the notebooks. Shaolin Communications was excited to offer these PDF books and recommended that students print these books out for their classes. However, 2-sided printing is still beyond the ability of 95% of the students we’ve enrolled this century. The expense of printing our books at a printer, even just Black & White printing, was prohibitive to many students ever printing their books. So now Shaolin Communications will set up our own printing facility to reduce costs and ship these notebooks to students who enroll in our Shaolin Chi Mantis ONLINE SCHOOL.
This Act Zen to Be Zen will be the first of our new Shaolin Communications NOTEBOOK BOOKS. These will be printed in 8.5 x 11″ paperbacks for testing and will be available from Amazon.com. We know that the binder 3-ring notebooks work well. Students need to WRITE into the book their answers. Will these books lay flat and be suitable for filling in the black spaces? This Act Zen to Be Zen paperback will determine whether any other of our student manuals will be released in paperback instead of binders. We appreciate your feedback. Let us know how this paperback holds together by the time you’ve completed filling in all the answers!