Poetry, Fiction, and Philosophy by Richard Del Connor
Masonic Kung Fu by Richard Del Connor
- Novel available in PAPERBACK at Amazon.com
- Based on actual events
- RDC discovered “Masonic Kung Fu” on June 9, 2009
- RDC teaches “Masonic Kung Fu” as “Ling Po” in his SCM Jing Mo School
- RDC was initiated into freemasonry in 2007 in Burbank, California
- RDC learned “Masonic Kung Fu” in 1982 from Grandmaster Kam Yuen at Tai Mantis
- RDC learned “Masonic Kung Fu” again in 1995 from Grandmaster Wong Jack Man in San Francisco
- “Masonic Kung Fu” is taught at the Shaolin Chi Mantis Online School
- Story takes place in 1937 on the coast of China as the Japanese are attacking to begin WWII.
- Story features two 13-year old Chinese teens rescuing a British Freemason from the Japanese soldiers.
- Some information about Freemason secrets and Masonic Initiation Ceremony. (Richard had novel approved by California Grand Lodge of Freemasons in 2010. He’s still keeping some secrets…)
- Detailed information about Shaolin Buddhist Kung Fu Initiation Ceremony (head shaving, naming…)
Poetry Performances by Richard Del Connor “Philosopher Poet”
- Richard has 4 different ‘sets’ of poetry for feature performances:
- SET #1: FIELD OF DREAMS 10-minutes
- SET #2: NOBLE TRUTHS OF BUDDHA 15-minutes
- SET #3: HIPPIE BUDDHA 18-minutes
- SET #4: KUNG FU COWBOY 15-minutes
- SET #5: PHILOSOPHER POET (currently being written)
- Check out the BLOGS for poetry performances and current events
Flute Performances by Richard Del Connor “Philosopher Poet”
- Richard has four songs to play as flute soloist:
- “Starting Over Again” 3:30
- about starting over at age 60
- last song on ALBUM: “Scorpion Resurrection” by Kung Fu Cowboy Experience
- Richard was stung in the neck by scorpion in 2012.
- “Great Salt Lake” 3:00
- written while living and performing in Utah
- the Great Salt Lake is full of dead birds
- Richard was a Mr. Mom when he wrote song.
- “Black Hills Ride” 3:00
- about Black Hills of Lakota Sioux
- written imagining himself on chopper motorcycle driving through Black Hills
- song from ALBUM: “Scorpion Resurrection” by Kung Fu Cowboy Experience
- “Bouree” 3:00
- Richard saw Jethro Tull (Ian Anderson) perform this song in 1968 with Led Zeppelin.
- Richard has never had a flute lesson
- Richard does not read music (plays by ear)
- “Starting Over Again” 3:30
TELEVISION INTERVIEWS of Richard Del Connor
Richard was interviewed on the Pink Lady Presents show in November 2018. He played a song on flute, “Starting Over Again,” and then was interviewed about his novel, Masonic Kung Fu. The flute performance added a neat highlight to the interview at L.A. Talk Radio.
Here’s a link to the PINK LADY SHOW featuring Richard Del Connor “Philosopher Poet.” << Pink Lady Show 11-4-2018>>
More Books by RDC:
Check out this page, “About RDC” BOOK LIST, for a list of books available from Richard Del Connor.
I write under a bunch of pseudonyms:
- Richard Del Connor – philosopher, poet, record producer, novelist, songwriter
- The Hippy Coyote – poetry, lyrics, novels, songwriter
- Zhen Shen-Lang – “Buddha Zhen” writes on Tai Chi Chuan, Shaolin Kung Fu, Taoism, Buddhism, Confucianism, and strategy
- Buddha Z – heavy metal rap music, poetry
- Kung Fu Cowboy – rock and roll poems while performing Praying Mantis Kung Fu and kick-ass flute